People typically head north to the “Last Frontier” to find enriching endeavors that you simply can’t recreate in the lower-48 states. An Alaska bucket list is a definitive collection of things to do that, unless you’re a regular visitor, you may never have an opportunity to experience elsewhere. Within the beautiful Kodiak Islands, Afognak Island is a sometimes overlooked gem that offers ample possibilities for adventure ranging from fishing to wildlife photography. And at Afognak Wilderness Lodge, you’ll find some of the most intriguing experiences in North America and possibly the world!
Exploration and Discover on Beautiful Afognak Island, Alaska
As the only lodging site operating on the island, Afognak Wilderness Lodge is an award-winning vacation destination reserved for the most discerning and explorative travelers. All-inclusive Alaska vacations don’t happen overnight, so you’ll want to consider all your options before deciding on where to stay. Thankfully, Afognak Wilderness Lodge offers a wide range of outdoor recreation opportunities that should all but solidify your decision. As a first-class Alaska resort providing remote eco-tours, fishing excursions, photo safaris, and wildlife viewing, we’re never surprised when guests want to add to their Alaska bucket list and book their next trip with us before leaving.
All-Inclusive Alaska Vacation Packages
Part of what makes a trip to Afognak Island such an alluring proposition is the ease at which you can create the perfect Alaska vacation. Choose from a bevy of exciting adventures to experience one right after another, or decide on one or two experiences to dig into; the choice is yours! Here are some of our guests’ favorite things to do:
- Fishing on the Kodiak Islands is some of the best in the world, and you’ll get to choose between searching freshwater streams for salmon and trout or navigating the open sea in search of flounder, lingcod, red-snappers, seabass, and monster-size halibut.
- Kayaking in Alaska is something every outdoor enthusiast should consider. The nearby Afognak State Park provides an excellent place to enjoy a captivating kayaking experience amid calming waters. The vistas and vantage points you’ll discover while kayaking will provide excellent photo opportunities.
- Wildlife and nature photography is arguably the best way to document your Alaska bucket list adventure. Whether from your kayak or along the trail, you’ll undoubtedly capture several magnificent moments.
- Wildlife viewing doesn’t always have to be in the form of taking pictures. With a myriad of sea mammals, birds, and other majestic creatures, you’ll make plenty of lasting memories by watching.
- Hiking at Afognak State Park offers an incredibly immersive opportunity to explore a vast forest rife with pristine waters, spectacular fauna, and scenic views around every corner.
The Only All-Inclusive Resort on Afognak Island, Alaska
Afognak Wilderness Lodge is the ultimate place to cross off a few items from your Alaska bucket list, especially if you aren’t sure when you’ll be able to make it back. Taking a trip to the Kodiak Islands isn’t something that comes along every day, so be sure to make it memorable by choosing a reputable lodge with a longstanding history of first-rate hospitality and impeccable knowledge. For more information or to make reservations for your next exciting adventure, please reach out to us online or call 360-799-3250.